Friday, April 3, 2009

Facebook Quiz - Which Saint are You

I just took a Facebook quiz titled Which Catholic Saint are You. My answers put me in the St. Padre Pio category. From the quiz, "He lead souls to Heaven through prayer, sacrifice and the Sacrament of Confession. He exemplified Christ in his suffering." I guess being linked to him - albeit in a silly quiz - is a pretty cool thing!

I know I could look this up, but I'm not going to take the time right now... Couldn't St. Padre Pio bilocate? As a mother, I really could have used that ability when my kids were involved in school activities, or when I needed to study! Which would be hardest: to bilocate the body, or the mind? How could someone devote enough emotional or mental energy to two different situations? This is an especially pertinent question when talking about St. Padre Pio, as the story has it that he bilocated in order to hear confessions. (Now, as a woman, it would be somewhat easy to say that men are very rarely totally present for any conversation, so how is Padre Pio any different???)

1 comment:

Dave Johnson said...

I believe bi-location was one of the graces that he was blessed with. http://www.padrepio.com as a list of his gifts.